Tuesday, October 3

Thursday, Sept. 24.

My strength began to fail exceedingly; which looked further as if I had done all my work: however, I had strength to fold and superscribe my letter. About two I went to bed, being weak and much disordered, and lay in a burning fever till night, without any proper rest. In the evening I got up, having lain down some of my clothes; but was in the greatest distress that ever I endured, having an uncommon kind of hiccough; which either strangled me, or threw me into a straining to vomit; and at the same time was distressed with griping pains. Oh, the distress of this evening! I had little expectation of my living the night through, now indeed had any about me; and I longed for the finishing moment! ---- I was obliged to repair to bed by six o'clock; and through mercy enjoyed some rest; but was grievously distressed at turns with the hiccough. ---- My soul breathed after God. -- "When shall I come to God, even to God my exceeding joy?" Oh for his blessed likeness!

6 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Oh, rebecca. . .do you find a strange sensation to try to breathe for him as you read? I do.

Rebecca Stark said...

Notice how far behind I am? That's because I have to steel myself to type the entries.

RevReav said...

This is a great idea! David Brainerd's journal is one of the most precious things I've ever read. Thank you for making it available to the world this way.

Anonymous said...

IT SEEMS SOMETIMES THE MORE SOMEONE IS USED BY GOD THE MORE THEY SUFFER HARDSHIP. I THINK THAT'S WHAT MAKES US ABLE TO BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS? PTL AMEN!

Anonymous said...

drop shipping wholesalers -
earth4energy -
earth 4 energy -
easy backup wizard -
easy click mate -
easy photo biz -
eatstopeat -
eat stop eat -
epinoisis -
error fix -
error killer -
error smart -
evidence nuker -
fap turbo -
fatburningfurnace -
fat burning furnace -
fatloss4idiots -
fat loss 4 idiots -
final uninstaller -
fitnessmodelprogram -
fitness model program -
fit yummy yummy -
flattenyourabs -
flatten your abs -
flat to fab -
governmentregistry -
government registry -
heartburn no more -
hippo jaw -
homemadeenergy -
home made energy -
honest riches -
hot video squeeze templates -
instant website creation -

Anonymous said...

уou are in rеаlitу a good wеbmastег.
The web site loading paсe is amazing.
It kind of feеls that you're doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have done a great process on this matter!

Here is my site ... frontier internet